- Five brand-new applications built in only
- New back-end system created to connect all apps
Turn a visionary proof of concept into a robust user experience, ready for nationwide deployment
One of the leading U.S. home improvement retail companies wanted a new way to interact with customers. This new interaction was intended to empower do-it-yourself customers to start their home improvement projects by providing unique design tools, in-store product selection and expert style advice.
The client company hired a vendor to create a proof of concept. While it was successful in demonstrating the concept, it lacked many elements that would allow the client company to roll out to their stores nationwide.
Agile design and development team to increase velocity and improve product visibility.
• They could engage virtual help from a project advisor.
• Scan products in-store and add them to their Customer Portal Project Page.
• Use the interface to build a room virtually, walk inside of it, place hardware and compare how it looks on the screen.
• Walk out with a printed and virtual representation of their visit.
Using qualiﬁed leads, the store sent emails about the new design program to customers, with an invitation to schedule an appointment with an in-store stylist. The appointment allows the customers to talk about their home DIY project, then receive expert design advice and project planning.
The exciting features of the new DIY design program required a great deal of care and coordination to make the experience feel holistic and comprehensive. projekt202 built 5 applications from scratch in six months and a back-end system to connect them all. The suite of ﬁve applications is used in stores by both the client company’s employees and customers.
Delivered a technology solution consisting of five applications that are deployable and maintainable across multiple geographies