2016 was another big year for projekt202, as we continued to deliver better digital experiences for global-brand clients such as Capital One, Neiman Marcus, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, The Container Store and many others.
From client successes and industry awards to new partnerships and community initiatives, projekt202 was on a roll in 2016. Among the highlights:
- 2016 marked 13 years of projekt202, as Co-Founder and Chief Experience Officer Peter Eckert reflected on the company's history: "We started as an agency believing we can deliver better products through meaningful design methods and make the world a better place. Today, we are a software company that builds better products for our clients, using empathy and experience thinking to execute rapidly."
- Here we grow: In the fall, we announced the highly-anticipated expansion of our Dallas-based headquarters to accommodate continuing client and staff growth. The expansion will help projekt202 further support our client roster and build upon our current staff through jobs in software design and development, research, project management, and business development.
- For the sixth consecutive year, projekt202 was named to the Inc. 5000, Inc. magazine’s annual list of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
- For the fifth consecutive year, projekt202 was named to the distinguished Dallas 100 list of fastest-growing privately-held companies in Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Raising awareness of projekt202 and the value of user experience, Vice President of Customer Experience Jeremy Johnson and Senior UX Designer Chelsea Maxwell starred in several episodes of "Expose UX." In each episode, company founders demonstrated their products and received candid feedback on potential issues and solutions from a panel of UX experts.
Read our Success Stories and watch our Thought Leadership videos for the many ways projekt202 helps companies deliver improved customer experiences.
- Aliza Gold, projekt202's Vice President of Experience Strategy and Insight, was nominated to the 2016 Top Female Executive Awards. The annual awards recognize women who conduct outstanding business and positively influence clients, employees and peers.
- While a low percentage (15%) was reported for women working in technical roles at major U.S. tech companies, projekt202 excelled in 2016, with women composing 38% of our workforce. When it comes to leadership roles, the tech industry average for women is 22.5%; at projekt202, women fill more than a third of our managerial and leadership positions.
- The projekt202-hosted “Designing Software for People” panel was an informative, standing-room-only discussion with Seattle’s tech and business thought leaders. Panelists shared their real-world examples of the power of research and UX in improving software.
- The projekt202 team made the scene in 2016 at South by Southwest, the Digital Dallas StartUp Comedy Roast, the More Disruption Please Austin Hackathon, Enterprise UX, Digital Fight Club, the Seattle Design-a-thon, the "Front End Design in an IoT World" panel, the projekt202-hosted "Corporate Innovation with the Internet of Things" event, InnoTech, Tech in Motion and many more.
- Now's the time to embrace the evolution toward the Experience of Things and the concept of form following empathy, wrote projekt202 Co-Founder and Chief Experience Officer Peter Eckert in an op-ed published in UX Magazine. "As providers and builders of technology, we need to take a closer look at the true needs of our customers and users. We have to be extremely empathetic for the situations they are in and what kind of things they are trying to accomplish," Peter noted.
- The UX Club at The University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) hosted projekt202 for an interactive Design Research Workshop. Senior UX Designer Chelsea Maxwell, Experience Researcher Nick Ansel, Talent Coordinator Jessica Hart and Vice President of Customer Experience Jeremy Johnson shared their expertise in conducting research and the ways it informs design.
- The projekt202 team shared customer experience insights with North Texas business leaders at an invitation-only event at the scenic Four Seasons Resort and Club. Chairman and CEO David Lancashire and Vice President of CX Jeremy Johnson discussed projekt202's observation-based methodology for helping companies understand and deliver solutions their customers genuinely want and need.
- What was your big user experience "aha!" moment? That was the question put to North Texas technology leaders, including projekt202 Chairman and CEO David Lancashire, at the 2016 Celebrate UX event in Dallas.
- projekt202 launched our own podcast channel on iTunes, covering topics such as user experience, the ROI of understanding the customer experience and many more.
- As a leader and supporter of our tech communities, projekt202 was proud to sponsor the inaugural Austin Design Week. A celebration of Austin's creative economy, the 2016 event showcased the best in visual, interactive, product, industrial, architectural and civic design. In addition to serving as Gold Sponsor, projekt202 hosted an Austin office tour, UX Designer Adam Zeiner participated in a panel on best practices for building design systems and Experience Researcher Jannis Hegenwald led a workshop on business strategy for designers.
- 2016 was truly an eventful year on the tech events front. As Presenting Sponsor, projekt202 supported the successful summer debut of Austin's Front Porch: The Conference for Web Developers, as well as the sold-out, annual Front Porch Dallas in the fall, founded and organized by projekt202's Chris Williams.
- projekt202 also became the Presenting Sponsor of Digital Dallas, supporting the growing Dallas-Fort Worth community of digital professionals and helping to brand the North Texas region as a center of digital excellence.
- With two well-attended panel discussions and a busy business lounge area, projekt202 was a big hit at the Seattle Interactive Conference. More than 4,000 people attended the 2016 industry event.
- You couldn't miss projekt202 at the annual Big Design conference. Along with serving as event sponsor, projekt202 was represented by four outstanding speakers -- Kelly Moran, Aliza Gold, Charlie Trotter and Jeremy Johnson -- covering user experience, UX design, research and human data.
Thank you to everyone who was a part of our mission to deliver better software experiences for people everywhere in 2016.